Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ok, so its been almost a year......

OK, so just as my last post says I am NOT so good at this. I told my husband I would update this before it is a full year since I last posted :) Wow how time zooms by. The past year has been one of adjusting, frustration, happiness and everyone growing up a little more. That last part is the hardest for me. I miss my girls being at the age where they need me and want me to be a part of everything they do. I still get those moments every now again but it seems that they are becoming smaller and smaller, especially with IsaBelle. I had a hard time with her turning 10. I hate thinking of how fast the next ten will go and hope that I have the ability to be who she needs me to be for her. Teryn still likes me to do lots with her and I love it and am trying to remember to cherish that and not get frustrated when I feel to busy. I need to remember that with everything I guess.


Now, even though it is hard to have my babies grow its not all bad. I love that IsaBelle comes to me and just wants to talk. I love to hear about her day and school and the adventures/trials she goes through as a 10 year old. She is so beautiful and is such an amazing helper to me. She can tell when I need a hand with something and can tell when I just need to hear something nice. She makes me feel like a wonderful mother and tells me that its OK that I get mad sometimes because the good times totally makes up for it. She never fails to make me smile. Belle is still doing gymnastics and the competition season began a few weeks back. IsaBelle loves the competitions and more so loves all the new tricks she has been learning. She always tells me how she wants to be a coach when shes older and maybe even have her own gymnastics place :)


Now, with Teryn, its a little different story :) She also is so beautiful and she knows it! She loves to have her hair curled and then always wants me to take her picture ( after she has looked at herself for a few minutes in the mirror LOL ) She is very sweet though, and I can always count on her for a hug. She learns things very fast and loves to show me all the new things she has learned. She loves her daddy and always will reference back to him in her conversations.Teryn has done gymnastics at the same place as Belle since she was 3 and has now decided she would rather be a cheerleader. She saw one of the coach's throwing a girl in the air at thought it was the coolest thing she had ever seen!! I told her when she was older that maybe she could be a cheerleader but for now she could do tumbling or gymnastics. She decided to do tumbling and is level 2 tumbling and is on the pre-tumbling team called The Jets. I love my girls so very much and am so glad I have them.

The adjustment of the past few months has been that my cousin Tatiana has been living with us since November. All of us have had to adjust to adding a new person in the house but I think that slowly we are working out the kinks. The girls enjoy having Tatiana here to play with and for the most part they are always having fun together. There is that 25% of the time that they are fighting but that is also slowing getting to be less and less.

As for Dustin and me, most everything is the same as always. We both go to school and work. Dustin recently bought a new motorcycle and grew a mustache...which is not my favorite but hey, its not on my face :) I started a new job at Western Governors University and really enjoy it. I still work at the post office too but only work about 36 hrs per week between both jobs.

Well, that definitely does not encompass everything since I last posted but what can I say?? I've been a little busy:) I was hoping to put a pic of Tat and one of Dustin's bike on here, but apparently I have none on my computer, maybe next time......???

I do want to share something that happened with Teryn because it really had an affect on me and has made me think a lot lately.

In the earlier part of April Teryn and I went to do some grocery shopping. Teryn had been really quiet while shopping and when we got in the car I asked her if she was OK or if maybe she was just tired. She climbed up front while we were parked and sat on my lap. She said to me in a very quiet little voice "IsaBelle is going to be 10 soon and I don't want her to be". I asked her why and her reply tightened my chest for a bit, she said "when you were 10 your mommy died and I don't want you to die". When I was finally able to answer her I told her that it was different with my mom because she had been sick for a while and that I wasn't sick. She then hugged me really tight and said "OK, mommy. I just really love you and don't want you to go away". That was a very hard moment for me. I realized that although I may not be sick I have no idea if I could die tomorrow or next week. I want my girls to know how much I love them and to remember how much fun we always have together. So, I am going to work on being better at that and trying not to get angry with them and try my hardest to practice a little more patience and let the others go for a bit instead of asking them to wait.

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing what kids know, and then how they precieve it. What a scary thought for a young kid. I love the Gynastics photo of Belle. She is doing some cool stuff. I would love to see more. Wish my kids did fun things like that. However, I do enjoy not driving around even more than I do. Soooo....

    ReplyDelete